Wealth & Wisdom Series
When: All Classes are on Wednesdays, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- 4 Week Basic Budgeting Workshop – September 13 – October 4: Take control of your money. This workshop will help you create a simple family budget by week 4.
- Long Term Care – September 20: How long term care insurance works and when you should apply for it.
- The Importance of Wills, Probate, & Beneficiary Designations – October 11: Speaker – Rick Meyers Esq. Wills – Guardianship, Probate, Trust – Testamentary and Living Trust, Directives – Power of Attorney (POA’s), Living Wills, Final Gifts. Taught in a simple to understand way.
- Medicare and You – October 18: Review changes to Medicare options and how they affect you.
- Home Health Care – November 1: Speaker Tracy A Smith, RRT. What Home Health Care Is, Short and Long Term Care, Assisted Living, Modalities of Therapy, When one would want to receive these services.
When: October 18 & 25 and November 8 & 29, 9:00 a.m. til Noon.
Dr. Collings leads an in-depth verse by verse study of the Book of Isaiah and its relationship to the broader context of the Scriptures with insights in its meaning for our daily lives.
Semester Fee: $30.00
Oden’s Systematic Theology
When: Thursdays, September 28 — December 14, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
This class, taught by Dr. Collings, takes an in-depth look at the theological writings of Thomas Oden’s “The Living God” Vol. 1.
Semester Fee: $35
Are you new to the idea of faith? Learn about the Bible in a safe environment where you are free to ask the hard questions.
When: Sundays, October 29 – December 3, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The Bible Project
The Bible Project uses short, easy-to-understand videos and discussion to introduce us to the Bible’s unifying story and some key themes. This 8-week session will be on the first five books of the Bible or the “foundation stories” of Christianity. Open to everyone
When: Sundays, October 15 – December 3, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
God Cares – Elder Care Training
If you want to be better equipped to care for the elderly, join our team for this interactive workshop to build essential skills and make a difference.
When: Saturday, October 21, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Cost: $25.00. Scholarships available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.