When we lose someone we love, it is difficult to know where to turn for guidance and support. At Christ Church, it is our hope that we can come alongside you at this trying time and help you navigate through the emotions you are experiencing, as well as the details that need to be addressed as you plan necessary arrangements.
As we serve you and your family, we have four goals:
- To connect people to Christ by designing arrangements that bring hope and comfort in your time of grief.
- To create an experience that will honor the uniqueness of your loved one and celebrate what God did through their life.
- To ensure that our church’s facilities and services make you proud and inspire your guests in a way that will create an interest for them to explore their faith further.
- To provide you with the comfort of knowing that our team will care for the needs of you and your family in this difficult time and beyond.
Scheduling calling hours and funeral services:
When your loved one passes, the funeral director that you and your family choose will plan a time to meet and discuss your wishes for calling hours and the services they can provide. Funeral services are traditionally held the morning after calling hours at the church or the selected funeral home. We are happy to work with your funeral director to coordinate service times and availability.
To be sure your family has the best experience and to eliminate disruptions to your service from other activities at Christ Church, we generally encourage families to have their loved one’s calling hours at the selected funeral home. However, if you would prefer to use the church, we will work with you to find a time and space that will serve you best.
Planning the funeral service:
Once schedules are decided, the officiating pastor will meet with you to provide comfort and design a funeral service that honors your loved one’s wishes. We will discuss some of the following items:
- Scriptures that were special to your loved one
- Music preferences to be included in the service
- Who might be willing to share a brief memory during the service
- Information pertinent to creating a worship bulletin
- Order of service
- Interment & committal
- Funeral luncheon
For complete information or to initiate arrangements, please contact Laverne McMillan, 440-236-8282 ext 220, email.