Christ Church started in the early 1960’s as the Central Baptist Church in Parma, Ohio.
In 1982, the commitment of the then new Lead Pastor, Dr. Dave Collings, was to preach the gospel in a culturally relevant manner, reaching unchurched people, and challenging them to live lives devoted to Jesus Christ.
With Dr. Collings leadership, Christ Church accepted a new vision to become a church with local and regional influence for Christ, develop a campus that would facilitate life impacting ministry, and lay the foundation for a century of Christian ministry.
In 1991, Christ Church moved from Parma to a facility on Lunn Road in Strongsville, Ohio with a goal to disciple 200 people.
In 1998, we moved our Sunday morning service to Strongsville High School. After much prayer and searching we were also blessed to purchase 31 scenic acres on Royalton Road (Route 82) in Columbia Township. This enabled us to take a large step toward our vision.
In 2003, we paid off the mortgage for the land. Then, in 2004, we started a second service at Strongsville High School, plus an evening, 20-somethings service called DOXA.
Also in 2004, we sold our Lunn Road facility to Strongsville City Schools. And we began to prepare in earnest for the beginning of construction on a new campus.
In July of 2005 we broke ground on our Royalton Road campus. And on May 14, 2006 we held our first services in a beautiful new building.
In November of 2007, we added a third Sunday morning service. And in November of 2010, we transitioned our services to include one Saturday evening service and two Sunday morning services to create different worship options and more space for a growing congregation.
In March of 2013 we launched Christ Church West Campus (Elyria). In 2016, a third Sunday service was added to facilitate growth.
On Easter Sunday, 2016, we launched our third campus in Cleveland’s Old Brooklyn neighborhood.
1995: 122 disciples (Weekend attendance)
2000: 439 disciples
2004: 625 disciples
2007: 1200 disciples
2010: 1400 disciples
2018: 3000 disciples (projected)